*This post is dedicated to my late Grandma Dee, the woman who I swear knew everything.
I do not claim to know everything, quite the contrary, I am always seeking new information or rather the definition of old information. I remember I used to be so annoyed that my mom would use big words around us as kids. I would say, “Mom, what does that mean?” She would tell me the meaning and I would respond by saying, “Why didn’t you just use that word, I knew that word.” She was teaching me a wonderful lesson, never settle for what you already know; seek to learn more.
I know that I am not perfect, quite the contrary, I make mistakes and make poor choices. However, I know that I am perfectly and wonderfully made. I don’t always do the best at it, but I am supposed to take care of the body that God perfectly and wonderfully made. I enjoy the fact that here in Uganda my kids get to experience the joy of playing outdoors. Great exercise for the body, mind and soul. Some of my favorite times were when we used to explore our farm; I have a scar on my wrist that is a little reminder of that fun.
I try to speak the truth that I believe from the Bible, in love, even if that means that it may be perceived as the opposite. I don’t hide behind the Bible, quite the contrary, my Bible is open. The song we sang as children in Sunday School, “…hide it under a bushel, NO!, I’m gonna let it shine.” When you meet me, you should know that I am a Christian by the words that I speak, and the actions that I display. I don’t stand on the street, shouting to the masses, but I do allow God to speak through me, in everything I do. Driving in Uganda, well (that’s a whole other topic.)
- an act or instance of noticing or perceiving.
- an act or instance of viewing or noting a fact or occurrence for some scientific or other special purpose
- something that is learned in the course of observing things:
- an act or instance of judging.
- the ability to judge, make a decision, or form an opinion objectively, authoritatively, and wisely, especially in matters affecting action; good-sense; discretion: a man of sound judgment.
- the forming of an opinion, estimate, notion, or conclusion, as from circumstances presented to the mind: Our judgment as to the cause of his failure must rest on the evidence.
- an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason.
- any preconceived opinion or feeling, either favorable or unfavorable.
- the quality or fact of being unjust; inequity.
- violation of the rights of others; unjust or unfair action or treatment.
- an unjust or unfair act; wrong.
- the act of passing judgment as to the merits of anything.
- the act of passing severe judgment; censure; faultfinding.
This is my prayer for myself, my family and the World.
May my observations be pure, my judgment be objective, and my criticism be based on merit. May I never show prejudice for that is without knowledge, and may I never show injustice as that is a violation of the rights of others. May I always be growing in knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, as that will guide me in my knowledge of life living. May I know when to step up, step back and step away. May I know when to speak up, shut up, or pray up.